Sunday, June 13, 2010

Hound of the Baskervilles?

Ever since I moved in here, there has been a nightly noise that I cannot identify. It is very eerie, and sounds like it's coming from outside the building as well as inside. It sounds like a dog barking, but very hollow, like a ghost dog, or the Hound of the Baskervilles. Of course, I've watched enough horror movies that it can ONLY be the Hound. The Hound, hanging out in the Woods, waiting to pounce.

Then the other morning, in the bathroom, something white slammed against the window screen. A-HA!!! (I thought) Instead of the Hound of the Baskervilles, it is MUCH more likely that sound is a dove. If they are in the inner courtyard, that would account for the eerie hollow echoing sound. Much more logical, but a lot less dramatic. I'll let you all know if it turns out I was wrong....

3 comments:

  1. By all means, keep us posted. I would have guessed coyote, but I suppose your theory is more likely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me, but "something white" slamming against the window would scare me out of my shorts! What kind of whacky house of horrors are you living in??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have noticed doves coo a lot more at sunset (and I would imagine--sunrise).

    ReplyDelete