Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Day 25, alpacas: now where did THAT bruise come from??

Today I accidentally got slammed backwards into a shelf. Oops. I was holding the head of an adult female while someone clipped toenails (missed during shearing). All was fine until the alpaca decided to do a jump/twist move that shoved me backwards into the ONLY piece of shelving in the room. Seriously. Only me, huh?

I wasn't really hurt, but it knocked the wind out of me, and I am quite certain I will be feeling that in the morning. The thing is, when I checked my back in the mirror, expecting to see a red mark, or the beginnings of a bruise line, instead I found a BIG nasty bruise on my right shoulder blade. What the....??? Now where did THAT come from?? Maybe I ran into something? Sheesh, I don't know. I am such a graceful ballerina I could not possibly have run INTO something!

Maybe it's a follow up companion bruise from the ones I found on my left arm a few days ago, on either side of the wrist. At least that one can be explained by possibly getting myself caught between fencing when moving them. Really, though, it's anyone's guess.

Perhaps we should start a pool on where I will find the next nasty bruise? All winnings should be funneled my way, though, to pay for ice packs.

No comments:

Post a Comment