Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 9 alpacas: No Spit, Kubota Queen

HaHAAA!!  I got to drive the Kubota today TO the compost pile! AND I learned how to use the dump truck feature. I will integrate this into my plan for global domination. Somehow....

Today we moved a lot of fences, to allow the animals to graze on pasture that had been allowed to recover, and grassy areas that had grown. Then there was raking more old 'winter' hay up off the enclosure area. PB (Sister Paul Bernadette) said I'm getting stronger already, able to lift that wet hay into the truck bed. :)

I feel like Heidi's friend Clara, gaining strength with the fresh air and herd animals.... very picturesque, eh?

They were checking fleece depth/quality on the alpacas today, to prepare for shearing time.
May 4, 5, 6.  12 hours days at least. I'm excited, aren't you?? I predict that is when the 'no spit' trend will be broken.

1 comment:

  1. What do they do to discourage predators?
    Diane L.

    ReplyDelete