Sunday, December 26, 2010

Adventures in housing: rented room

Well, now. After the past two years, I must say I had lost hope that I would be able to afford my own housing ever again. Luckily, though, my new part time online Librarian job coincided with my need to move out of my friend's apartment.  A steady income?? Really? That helps with finding a place to live!

I had some odd criteria on this search:

1. Stay within a two-three block radius of where I HAD been living.
2. Find a short term lease.
3. Partially furnished would be great. (all my stuff is in Colorado)

Serendipity stepped in, and handed me exactly THAT!! I found a room right next to the Bakery/Cafe/TamaleLand, it was partially furnished, AND the landlord was willing to do a short term lease!

And yes, this is a COMPLETELY different atmosphere from my previous places. Landlord is a 25 year old law 2nd year law student with a puppy.

The view from the door.  Worrisome? Animal House? 



















The land of couches!! There is one behind me, that is pretty much the dog's couch....















Kitchen: useful, with light.



The Big Backyard! 


 Construction begins around 7:00 a.m. right outside my window...

See those green apartments? That's where I lived for a month.
I can walk 1/2 a block and watch movies with my friend! Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment